Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lake Mead, Hike, Kayak, Spear Fishing, sunset kayak

Spend alot of time on Lake Mead. A few days ago, I went out there for a kayak and hike. I started my adventure at Hole 33, on the Boulder City side and found an interesting, strenuous hike down to the water. Without hesitation I was off!
It only took about 20 min to get down to the lake from atop the "scenic view" pull off...and when i reached the water, this is what I came face to face with....
Yes, thats a coyote in the wild. I don't how I managed to snap a picture of him, I was shaking like crazy. It was a few second stare down, until he did a deep growl, then a howl. I knew it was time to get back up the mountain! A chase ensued and I was running uphill with a big rock in my hand-that was my first instinct, throw it at him. I managed to make it to the top and turned around to see him giving up. I walked into a den, now I know better! So hiking is not something to be done alone, there IS wildlife out there, and I've seen it first hand, its their homes too!..the rest of the day followed by a calm down kayak off boulder bay..

A friend trying my kayak, tipping over in it...we then continued the day, and went spear fishing, and caught two sea bass!
Lots to do on the Lake, always a good time!  Even fit in free climbing the RedStones! by Echo Bay..


stopped off to do the summit hike! beautiful views..
Finishing off the day with a night/sunset kayak and swim...









No comments:

Post a Comment