Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Searchlight, Population:2

 Driving towards Searchlight, cotton wood cove, neavada, a bout a 40 minutes drive through nothingness but butterflies and crickets that love to play chicken with your windshield ! whats up witht that?!
Cotton wood cove : Highly recommend you never visit here! It is junky, bad vibe to it, run down "cafe" Wouldnt eat the food if you paid me, it was just not a welcoming feeling..just saying!

After an unfortunate find, I reluctantly turned back towards the Lake Mead Area. Here it was just beaifutful sun shinning, warmer and less windy but still bit of a surf out there! So I managed to have my first kayaking accident-and i WASNT EVEN IN THE WATER YET! I slipped while carrying my boat into the lake on some mud/quick sand, lost a flipflop, sunglasses and butt planted into mud, while the kayak took a nice fall on top of me! Akward ;-/ and ya there were people around to see this disater unfold, oy..A muddy mess, I get into my kayak and quickly paddle away in hopes "no one saw that" but they did, and asked if I was okay. ya ya im fine. Enjoyed the weather and views again, but wasn't so much fun being a hot muddy mess :( tommorrow a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment