Thursday, April 18, 2013

Valley of Fire Hike today

So just getting home from my worldwind of a day! woke up, packed up and was off for a hike to the valley of fire, about 49 min from me, 35 minutes from las vegas strip
The ride wasn't really too bad on the 15 north, until you get to the turn off "into valley" it seems like forever to actually see the beautiful colors..but I made it finally
This is the "arch" , soon it will lose its natural support and arch no more :( this is a natural formation of red the rocks through the years, amazing..I hiked for a bit, and found red sand, yes red sand, almost looked like curry or cayenne pepper! was so soft, and almost "quick sand like" but dry...
"Jess was here valley of fire" I wrote in the red sand . Then I hiked to see this :

Hieroglyphics from years and years ago, so amazing..
worth a trip for sure to check out, but plan on being there 5 hrs, to enjoy everything to its fullest, you feel like you are driving thru a postcard when you venture up to "mouse trap", bring water, and lunches, there are many bbq's and picnic spots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment